Why People Choose Us
YellowFiber is the best kept secret in the DC tech community.
We offer a 100% level of service guarantee with every connection we sell and we’ll even provide a speed test. Our reliability and performance will spoil you.
Our technical support is better for one very simple reason. We only hire highly qualified engineers on our team and we guarantee you’ll get a response within 24 hours.
Our Lightning-Fast Network
The YellowFiber network was architected for speed and maximum reliability. We aren’t the biggest provider, but we sure are one of the most reliable.
SD-WAN OFFERS INCREDIBLE FLEXIBILITY
By using a software and cloud-based approach to networking your office locations, not only can you simplify your network operations — but you can see significant cost savings, because each networked site need only deploy an internet connection. At the same time, you still enjoy the security advantages of more traditional solutions. If rapid expansion is on your organization’s radar, you owe it to yourself to price out this approach.
4 Key Signature Components of the SD-WAN Solution
- First, the Edge Device that is a Customer premises equipment (CPE). This transport overlay can work across ANY combination of circuits that an enterprise deploys
- Second, the Gateway integrates into YellowFiber’s services into our network. The Gateway and Edge communicate with each other to provide all the capabilities
- Third, an orchestration layer covering both monitoring and configuration, as well as offload of the control plane, known as an Orchestrator
- Finally, the complete end-to-end management and maintenance of the solution from YellowFiber
Performance Over Single Circuit
SD-WAN improve application quality of service over a single circuit by using packet load balancing and error correction. Additionally, by creating business policies, SD-WAN can give priority to traffic that matters to you. SD-WAN can also mitigate jitter, latency, and packet loss issues in real time. Clients will have full management & visibility of of their circuit at the touch of VIA online portal. Meanwhile, YellowFiber’s NOC measures and monitors the health network, adapt and react to any issues, remediate, forward error correction and steer the traffic as needed. YellowFiber’s Bandwidth-as-a-Service: Layer multiple services on your existing on-net YellowFiber circuit. For example, Voice, SaaS, or DR services are all on-net giving you the maximum QoS and reliability.
PERFORMANCE OVER DUAL CIRCUITS
Dynamic Multipath Optimization
- Aggregate Links
- Application Steering – App aware, sub-second, packet per packet steering
- Optimal link & path across Internet and private
- Error & jitter correction
- Automated failover & steering for brownouts & blackouts
- High quality voice and business critical app performance
- Automatic capacity testing
- Continuous link & path quality monitoring
- Provides greater uptime and bandwidth
- Backhaul all or subnet of internet traffic and flexible link steering policy
- Enterprise-wide monitoring and group policy setting for all sites, ISPs, applications and users
- Smart QoS with application-aware classification for 2200+ apps for granular control base on custom business objectives per branch or globally
- Unified architecture to scale from one site to hundreds of remote offices, seamlessly
- Reduce IP space usage
SD-WAN vs MPLS
SD-WAN is so hot right now. Seriously. The best market research is forecasting that 30% of businesses will be adopting a software-driven, hybrid network over the next five years. We have been a leader in network services since 2005, and even we have been caught off guard by the interest in SD-WAN. There’s a lot of information (and misinformation) floating around out there about the solutions on or being prepared for the market — and a lot of it is overly technical and of limited use for determining if (or when) to make a move.
Really — the biggest factor that should be grabbing your attention is price. For a long time, it was really only enterprise clients who could justify running MPLS to all of their locations. Dedicated, direct fiber is pretty luxurious. It offers tremendous uptime, unbeatable security, flexibility in shaping your data, low latency ideal for VoIP traffic, and it smells like cinnamon and gooseberries. It also costs a lot, which makes it a hard pill to swallow for smaller branch offices.
SD-WAN offers a lot of the same advantages — for a lot less money. Basically, you are using devices to VPN up a solution that acts like a private network, but allows you to use copper, fiber, wireless: or whatever is available for your disparate locations.
Excellent Quality of Service (SD-WAN QOS)
LAN/router configurations and queue designation can be a pain in the butt. You have to keep your router up to date, and there is configuration work that you have to attend to in order to get optimal performance. SD-WAN puts one device on site, and gives you total control over performance and policies from an elegant interface. Seriously — you should let us demo it for you; it’s pretty sweet. You connect the box, and basically you are done. Minimal upkeep, updates or headaches. You make changes when you need them, and nothing else gets tripped up.
Built for the Cloud
SD-WAN was invented with the rise of cloud applications firmly in mind. MPLS does a great job of moving data, but it simply does not match up with the flexibility and seamless pairing with cloud computing solutions. Also — beating the dead horse time — its cheaper. “Good enough or better for cloud stuff, and costs a lot less money” is not the best tagline for branding, but it sums it up the situation pretty well.
Bandwidth is not free, and SD-WAN makes it really easy to add a second link or manage applications and bandwidth priorities. You can also make sure users that you dislike can no longer stream basketball games. Or you can easily upgrade so that everybody can watch. It’s easy, and the power trip is a lot of fun.
The only thing you need for an SD-WAN site is an ethernet connection from somewhere. Anywhere. Put it on copper, fiber, your neighbor’s FiOS — whatever. Fast and easy. The downside is that you won’t have the same SLA backing you up (so good luck if your office is getting COX or Comcast “service” — but if uptime is not mission critical, you can save a boatload without sacrificing (too much) performance or security. Creating a surplus of access options and allowing you to build a better, more reliable network.
WOW — SD-WAN is Flexible
If you want to switch MPLS providers, or update your tech, you are risking downtime and headaches. SD-WAN lets you connect multiple links, bring on or add links with no interruptions or complexity. It’s basically plug and play — but with a lot of on the fly ability to manage performance.
RETAIL SD-WAN CASE STUDY: 23 STORE CHAIN
Hybrid branch with Hosted VoIP
• Unreliable TDM circuit had packet loss and more than a day outage
• Broadband and 4G simultaneously had critical performance issues
YellowFiber delivered circuit/app-based performance
• Dynamically steered VoIP traffic from DIA to cable
• Removed client’s VPN to use SD-WAN IPSec over DIA
• On-demand mitigated Data traffic between all three connections
A visual approach to the services that we offer from colocation to network security. We provide explanations to our great solutions.
Learn about internet solutions that will help you manage your data and decide which one of the following services is right for you.
We provided the following video to better explain this services and the benefits of choosing us over our other comeptitors.